The name displayed boldly below is the most important name anyone can ever know in life. Through that name is found abundance, joy, and peace. In that name is found what is found no where else: everlasting life.
Take a look at the following verses that explain why that name is so important:
1. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12
2. "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" Matthew 1:21
3. "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." John 20:31 . #f97171
The name "Jesus" means "God saves". And that is exactly what Jesus Christ does.
Jesus saved us by dying on the cross. There, as He hung dying on the Roman cross, He paid the price for our sins. This is why He is called the Lamb of God.
"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29
Through His shed blood, we are cleansed. Consider these verses:
1. "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission" Hebrews 9:22
2. "For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." Hebrews 9:26
3. "Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him." Romans 5:9
4. "And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement." Romans 5:9
What makes this gift so wonderful is that Jesus is God. Ever asked yourself, "Where is God? Does He even care?". Well He does care, because God the Son came to earth out of love for us. God the Father gave God the Son out of love for us.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Even better, it doesn't end there. After dying for our sins, Jesus proved everything He said while He was on earth by rising from the dead! He is alive, even today. The Apostles saw Him alive. Hundreds saw Him alive. And the Bible records their witness. And because He is alive, we know that He has the power to raise us up and to give us eternal life.
"He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again." Luke 24:6,7
So what does this mean? This means that you need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Personal Saviour. If you confess your sins, confess your need for Him. If you then ask Him into your heart, you will be reborn by His Spirit and you will be assured of eternal life. He will live within you and you will be saved.
1. "...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he canot enter into the kingdom of God." John 3:3
2. "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3: 17, 18
Once you accept Christ as Saviour, there is nothing else for you to do but to grow in Christ and to do His will. There is nothing you can do to add to or to secure your salvation. It was all done through God, all through Christ. No one can earn salvation. Only God can save, and His salvation is the free gift of grace received by faith.
1. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.." Ephesians 2:9
2. "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift" 2 Corinthians 9:15
If you want to recieve Jesus Christ as your Personal Saviour, please pray the following:
Father, I am a sinner and am not worthy of heaven.
I recognize that by my sin I have offended You and am condemned.
But I know that You sent Your Son to die on the cross so that I might have salvation through His blood.
Father, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He rose again on the third day, and that He lives even now.
I accept His free gift of salvation and thank-you for it with all of my heart.
I pray this in the name of my Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.